Saturday, January 16, 2016

Keto Pumpkin Pancakes

Too many punpkin pancake recipes are sweet, I didn't want sweet, I wanted savory pumpkin. Also I do not want to make extra to feed an army/freeze...I want a decadant single serving for a nice Sunday breakfast for one hungry person who is trying to low carb.

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 oz cream cheese
2 tbl almond flour (or coconut, idk why ppl are over the moon about coconut flour, I am not)
1 egg
Pumpkin pie spice OR your own nutmeg/cinnamon/ginger and clove if you like it (I don't) blend to taste.
Pinch each of salt and baking soda.

Blend everything in a blender (because ain't nobody got time for getting cream cheese room temp and trying to whisk it in the morning). Heat up a pan with a bit of butter. (Or coconut oil if you are a coconut heathen. If you want, use coconut flour AND oil and add some vanilla and nocal sweetner and make this into those sweet things I didn't want, it's your breakfast.) Pour yourself a few pancakes and flip when bubbly.

Serve with 2 eggs and a few strips of bacon, because it's Sunday damnit, you deserve a nice breakfast. Add sugar free syrup if you like, or just dress pancakes with butter and runny egg yolks.

(Including sugested sides, this contains 7 net carbs (10-3 fiber) is about 565 calories and has 20% protein, 7%carb, 73%fat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment