Monday, August 13, 2018

Protein Pasta Salad

I normally am a bit leery of items that have protein seemingly shoe horned in.  But I was looking for a carb-ier lunch this week that would still make my protein macro and these yellow boxes were staring me in the face.  Also I wanted something a bit less labor intensive after chopfest 2018 last week. 

Makes 4 servings, 540 cals, 73g carb, 13g fat, 37g protein per serving

1 box (7 servings) protein pasta (I used bow ties)
several handfuls basil left from last week
Juice of 2 lemons
3-4 oz of really good Parmesan cheese
1 package (4.5 servings) turkey peperoni
1 package (5 servings) frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)

Salt water and boil pasta as per directions, then drain/rinse and let it cool.  Portion out the broccoli, torn basil leaves, shaved or grated parm, turkey pepperoni (I cut this up in stacks w kitchen shears, but  you could leave whole if you like) into your tupperwear.  Add pasta, season with lemon juice, add a bit of salt/pepper if you want, seal, and shake.  Done.  Can be nuked or eaten cold/room temp as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment